Please note that on-site opportunities are limited to San Francisco and we cannot accomodate every request.
On-Site Group Opportunities
To inquire about a shift please complete our Group Volunteer Inquiry Form or email [email protected] and review the guidelines below. We can host groups of up to 35 people. Smaller groups of up to 10 can also self-sign up for a shift in our Kitchen here.
- Volunteer Shifts Available: Monday – Friday, 8:45am – 12:00pm or 12:15pm – 3:30pm
- Location: 730 Polk St. San Francisco, Ca 94109
- Volunteer Tasks: may include sorting bulk items into individual portions, sorting fresh produce, assembling pre-packed bags or assembling's meals. Tasks vary on the day depending on the needs.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 15 years old
Off-Site Group Opportunities
Host a Toiletry Drive - Help provide essential items that are often financially out of reach to our low income, chronically ill clients. We accept new, unopened items such as shampoo, body wash, and deodorant.
Project Open Hand participates in community events and hosts fundraising events throughout the year. As an event partner, your team can volunteer and financially sponsor these events.
Questions? Please email [email protected]