Gather your co-workers, classmates, family and friends for a great volunteer experience.
1) We welcome groups of 5-8 people on Mondays from 9:00am – 12:00pm at our 730 Polk St. location. To inquire about a shift on a Monday please complete our Group Volunteer Inquiry Form and review the guidelines below.
2) Small groups of 2-5 people can sign up for one-time shifts to help meet our most urgent needs. Shifts are listed 7-10 days in advance.Please review our guidelines before inquiring for a shift:
- Volunteer Shift: Mondays, 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Vaccine Requirement: Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your scheduled shifts or in-person to a Volunteer Coordinator on the day of your shift.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift and wear a mask or face covering at all times. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 15 years old
Off-Site Group Opportunities
1) Create Birthday Cards - Our birthday and holiday card-making project is a great way to get involved and it helps us celebrate our clients. We accept handmade cards of all shapes and sizes.
2) Host a Toiletry Drive - Help provide essential items that are often financially out of reach to our low income, chronically ill clients. We accept new, unopened items such as shampoo, body wash, and deodorant.
Project Open Hand participates in community events and hosts fundraising events throughout the year. As an event partner, your team can volunteer and financially sponsor these events.
Save the Date for this year's in-person and virtual Hand to Hand Luncheon on December 9th! For more information, please email [email protected].