August 7, 2023
Barley and Fruit Salad
- 1/2 bag of barley
- 1 bag of Protein Trail Mix
- 1 bag of plums (roughly 10)
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of chopped mint
- Other Optional Fruits to Use: Pineapple, mango, apple, orange, watermelon, grapefruit
- Boil barley in 4 cups water for roughly 1 hour or until soft. (You can soak the barley overnight for a shorter cooking time just make sure to leave at least 3 inches of extra water above the barley to allow for expansion)
- Drain barley and cool to room temperature.
- Dice plums and other optional fruit into bite sized pieces.
- Mix cooled barley, chopped fruit, mint, and lemon juice in a large bowl.
- Combine the protein trail mix to the salad.