Help fill our most urgent volunteer needs!
Please review our guidelines before signing up for a shift.
- Vaccine Requirement: Provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination prior to your scheduled shifts or in-person to a Volunteer Coordinator on the day of your shift.
- Health Guidelines: Check your health prior to arriving to your scheduled volunteer shift and wear a mask or face covering at all times. If you feel sick, please stay home.
- Minimum Age Requirement: 15 years old
- Community Service Hours: If you have court-ordered community service hours to complete, you MUST notify Volunteer Services via email [email protected].
Prepare and Package Meals
Location: 730 Polk St.
Tasks include packaging and labeling prepared meals in containers and assembling frozen-meal bags. Volunteers must:
- Practice safe steps in food handling and preparation: wear protective gear (hats/hairnet, beard guard, and gloves) during entire shift and thoroughly wash and sanitize hands.
- Follow all instructions and directions given by staff, whose main goals are the quality of the meals and safety of clients, volunteers and staff alike.
- Be able to lift up to 25 lbs. and stand for the entire shift.
June 26, 2022 | Market Street, San Francisco
“Love Will Keep Us Together”
Join Project Open Hand for San Francisco Pride! Back in-person, walk with our contingent as we boogie down Market Street or staff our booth at the festival for the two-day Celebration! Sign-up for a shift below. #SFPRIDE52
If you are looking for a different way to help, we are accepting the following donations:
- New, unopened Toiletries
- Birthday or Holiday cards
- Food donations. We accept foods from licensed or regulated food service providers (restaurants, grocers, bakeries, etc).
Questions? Email [email protected].