November 9, 2023
Warm Shiitake-Barley Salad
- 1 cup barley
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces of shiitake mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Sliced scallions to garnish
- In a large saucepan of boiling water, cook the barley until tender for about 30 minutes. Drain water and set aside cooked barley.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil. Add in the mushrooms and onion and cook over moderate heat, stirring until golden and tender for 5 - 7 minutes.
- Stir in lemon juice and barley and season with salt and pepper. Transfer to serving dish and garnish with scallions. Enjoy!