Cucumber & Herb Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup cucumber, ¼” diced or shredded
- 6 ounces yogurt, plain
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice & zest
- 1 tablespoon onion, caramelized
- 1 teaspoon garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- Dash of Tabasco, optional
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shred cucumbers and sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt. Place in a colander for about 20 minutes. Squeeze out extra water with a paper towel or leave overnight. Transfer to a bowl.
- Chop onions into ½” dice. Sauté over low to medium heat with oil until soft and deeply golden brown, about 30 minutes, stirring constantly. Add water if it’s too dry.
- Combine all ingredients and mix until creamy. Adjust seasoning to taste.
- Serve chilled.
Dip vegetables in sauce such as broccoli, celery, carrots, cucumber, bell pepper, and zucchini, or top in soup or salad- the list is endless!